In partnership with the Ann Arbor ATD Chapter, Metro DC ATD is excited to support a cohort for our CPTD Study Group starting October 3, 2021 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) and ending December, 12, 2021. We will provide an environment allowing talent development professionals to gather and support each other in their pursuit of achieving their next level CPTD credential.
Join our FREE informational kickoff session on Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 8:30 PM.
Click here to submit your interest in joining the study group. Registration information will be provided.
- Lisa Garcia, CPTD, Ann Arbor ATD Chapter Past President
- Selin McCurdy, Metro DC Chapter ATD Director of Professional Development
Who Can Attend?
The study group is open to anyone interested in preparing for the CPTD exam, this includes:
- Any member of an ATD local Chapter
- General public
Cost: $40 USD for non-members and general public, $20 to Ann Arbor ATD members and Metro DC ATD members as well as chapter affiliates
What To Expect:
The study group sessions are typically structured as follows:
- Informational session for kickoff
- 11 weekly sessions focused on the three capability areas
- The virtual study group sessions are meant to supplement your independent study. The sessions provide a chance to reinforce knowledge through discussion, clarification of key points, shared resources, and key test taking strategies. It is ideal if each participant has access to the CPTD Certification Preparation Course but not required.
Study Group Overview:
- The study group (excluding kickoff) consists of 11 weekly virtual meetings, held on Sundays from 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm ET.
- The sessions are conducted via an easy to use online web conferencing tool.
- The schedule of study group sessions leads up to a testing window for the CPTD exam.
- All materials focus on the Talent Development Capability Model.
- Certified CPTDs and experts in the capability areas may be scheduled as guest speakers during an individual study group session.
No study materials are provided specifically from this study group. You have the option of purchasing resources from ATD, such as the TDBok or the CPTD Preparation Course from ATD. If purchasing these resources, please include the code CH5058. Click here to get additional information about preparation materials.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I participate if I am not an ATD member?
- Yes, non-members are welcome to join the CPTD virtual study group sessions. The sessions are open to the public from anywhere in the world. If you are from a time zone that is not conducive to meeting at this time. We are happy to connect you with others in your geographic region.
Will I have free access to the CPTD Certification Preparation Course to prepare for the exam as a participant of the virtual study group?
- No, the CPTD Certification Preparation Course is a digital resource purchased from ATD's global organization found here: https://www.td.org/education-courses/cptd-certification-preparation-course. You are responsible for purchasing access to this online program if it fits your study plan. It is recommended but not required to be a part of the study group. Please remember to use Ann Arbor ATD's CHiP code, CH5058, when you checkout from the ATD Store.
Please feel free to send any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1 Communication - 3 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
1.2 Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making - 3 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
1.3 Collaboration & Leadership -10 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
1.4 Cultural Awareness & Inclusion - 10 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
1.5 Project Management - 17 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
1.6 Compliance & Ethical Behavior - 17 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.1 Learning Sciences - 24 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.2 Instructional Design - 24 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.3 Training Delivery & Facilitation - 31 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.4 Technology Application - 31 October 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.5 Knowledge Management - 7 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.6 Career & Leadership Development - 7 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.7 Coaching - 14 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
2.8 Evaluating Impact - 14 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.1 Business Insight - 21 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.2 Consulting & Business - 21 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.3 Organization Development & Culture - 28 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.4 Talent Strategy & Management - 28 November 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.5 Performance Improvement - 5 December 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.6 Change Management - 5 December 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.7 Data & Analytics - 12 December 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET
3.8 Future Readiness - 12 December 2021 7:30-9:30 PM ET