Under the supervision of the director of training, this position executes course and product development and represents the Association outwardly as a training specialist; and participates in operational planning to support program growth.
*Develops, classroom, online and web-based training courses as determined by the strategic and operations plans and manages course updates.
* Ensures the integration of professional knowledge of theories, principles, and techniques of education, new instructional technology, policies, and organization changes in programs.
* Actively participates in and coordinates training policy.
*Establishes and maintains professional contact with leading practitioners, researchers, and others in education and training institutions, research organizations to benefit and grow ATSSA programs.
* In collaboration with department director performs training needs analysis and long-range training planning.
* Assists the director with training and products implementation; provides guidance and input on the implementation of various products; assists in the preparation of annual plans to improve business lines.
*Works with department director to develop course material and new product lines, course syllabi, lesson plans, etc.
* Evaluates training courses to determine the most effective method of meeting training objectives and the applicability of student resources.
*Assist Training Program Manager with uploading and troubleshooting courses and customer issues in learning management system (LMS).
*Serves as instructional design consultant for subject matter experts and instructors developing or revising courses.
*Conducts 508(a) and WCAG accessibility testing; ensures ATSSA courses are compliant with Section 508(a) and WCAG requirements, conducts internal training as necessary.
*Supports technical committees as assigned.
*Other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education and Experience – Bachelor’s degree in adult education or similar and at least five years of relevant in designing and delivering classroom, online and web-based courses.
Skills and Knowledge – Organized; detail-oriented; strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to produce high quality adult education courses; ability to bring projects to completion within the schedule provided and work around problems; knowledge of adult learning principles and theory, course design, and course implementation; flexibility and ability to adapt to change quickly; ability to use and learn multiple software platforms ( i.e. Microsoft Office and eLearning development software); experience in using LMS and AMS programs. Section 508 compliance.
Travel – Limited, if any.